WHY USE THIS TOOL?
At Salt & Roe, we believe the primary purpose of drafting a business plan is for business leaders to gain clarity on the credibility and operational scope of their business venture. We encourage all restaurateurs and entrepreneurs creating a new hospitality concept to do this foundational work as a primer for getting their ideas out of their heads and onto the page in an organized manner that effectively communicates their vision and makes a strong business case for why it is vital that their vision be realized.
In other words, drafting a business plan is the equivalent of a restaurateur doing their homework.
Creating a strong business plan contributes to:
- A more successful business!
- Greater clarity around the concept your creating and increased confidence in presenting it to others
- The essential groundwork for creating a polished and complete pitch deck
- Building trust and confidence with internal and external stakeholders by demonstrating thoughtful analysis, professional polish, and skillful communication
- Perfect “leave behind” materials after walking potential collaborators through a pitch presentation
WHAT YOU'LL GET:
- A comprehensive PDF guide that explains what this tool should be used for, exactly how to customize it for your business, and suggestions for other supportive pre-opening resources based on our decades of experience opening successful hospitality businesses
- An editable, interactive Google Document that will serve as a template complete with detailed instructions and tips for writing a brilliant business plan